Grounding, Soothing and Skill Building via Telehealth
Grounding, Soothing, and Skill Building via Telehealth
for Children, Teenagers, Adults for Therapists
3.5 hours, 3.5 CEs
Grounding and soothing interventions for all ages to be utilized via telehealth for therapists. These interventions are applicable for all phases of EMDR. Focus will be on helping our clients maintain stability during COVID-19. Interventions include:
Children: Light stream child-style (script included), tapping in child resources and utilizing the child's room for safety.
Adolescents: Engaging teenagers in telehealth and utilizing DBT distracting skills.
Adults: Resource reminder (script included), grief and loss through art therapy interventions.
Participants will be able to:
- Show playful interventions to install resources during phase two to make the child client stronger.
- Exhibit two somatic-based interventions that improve self-regulation during the telehealth session.
- Demonstrate the use of common art materials to enhance resource development using a creative arts resource representation script.
- Describe how to help clients creatively represent their feelings of grief and loss for help with processing using EMDR therapy.
- Exhibit how therapists engage adolescent clients via telehealth.
- Demonstrate DBT "Valiidation" skills to engage adolescent clients via telehealth.
- Demonstrate DBT "Distracting with ACCEPTS" skill as phase 2 skill building toward EMDR processing.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for mental health professionals who (intend to) provide psychotherapy via video-conference.
- Recording (view at your convenience)